Wednesday, May 12, 2010

13 weeks 1 day????

So last week my doc said I was 13 weeks which makes me 14 this week, but when I saw a midwife today she said I was 13 weeks and 1 day??  Can't they get it right por favor!  I went to have my physical done today and I wasn't suppose to get an ultrasound but my midwife decided to have one 'for fun' and it was the best one yet!!  No one went with me because I didn't think I was going to get an ultrasound, but that's ok!  The baby was moving like CRAZY and looked like it was waving.  She actually got a pic of it that I'll post below.  The pics aren't that clear...I wish they were much clearer but she said it's hard to get clear pics sometimes.  Tests results came back and the baby is PERFECT!  It was a relief to hear that.  My next appointment is in a month where it's the long one where they look at everything so that will be exciting! I've only gained 2 pounds so they gave me a pamphlet about gaining weight which I thought was pretty funny and said I won't feel the baby move til about 20 weeks since my muscles are tight.  I HOPE they are tight after I pop this baby out!!!  It sure looks and feels like I've gained way more than 2 pounds! 

So my district decided on an agreement but we keep hearing that it's not going to save teachers which is ridiculous because why did we even settle??  I got my final layoff notice yesterday so as of right now I don't have a job next year.  At least I can collect unemployment and stay home until I eventually get called back.  Staying home with my baby will be pretty cool since many moms can't do that.  On the other hand money will be tight so it's either I stay home with less money or work with a lot more money.  We'll see what happens but I'm sure God has a great plan for us.  

OMG I'm actually being a good blogger ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Really? They already gave you a pamphlet about gaining weight? Tell them no. You only have to gain 10 pounds and that's final. LOL, you just got out of your first trimester, I've heard of a lot of people that lose weight that first 3 months because of how sick they are.

    Sorry about the job but I know you will be so happy to be spending all your time with your new little baby!! Maybe God's plan is that you come work for me for food. Remember? Glad to see you being a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete