Tuesday, May 4, 2010

13 weeks

Today Blake, Michelle, and I went to get my NT (Nuchal translucency) ultrasound.  It tests for down syndrome and other things.  I had blood work last week and I just think all of this stuff is so stressful!  I'm sure the baby is perfect but it's still scary not knowing for sure.  Anyway, we got to see the baby's hand in his/her mouth.  It was also moving.  She was pushing in my stomach to make it move and the baby would react to it.  Michelle and Blake's face was so funny to watch.  I really couldn't see the monitor because I was laying down but I can watch their expressions. 
I'm finally starting to feel WAY better.  The fever is finally gone.  Still congested with a headache.  Sucks that I can't take any medicine! 
Here's a pic of today's ultrasound.  She only gave me two pics!  There were so many that she printed and TONS of cuter ones but only gave me 2.  It's not a clear pic either but you can still see how cute the baby is!  I had to go to Riverside today because of the type of machine they were using for the ultrasound.  It was cool because you can see the brain in this pic. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad that you are feeling better, this second trimester will probably be awesome for you. I want to see a baby bump. Even if you don't have one yet, will you please post a picture??? Pleeeease???

    I never took the down syndrome test with either girls. I didn't want to know. I knew that it wouldn't make a difference either way, I'd be, you know, keeping my baby and I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and not stress out. All that stuff is always on your mind though. It's totally scary and you just want everything to be fine. Such a good Mama already, worrying about your little peanut!!

    Okay, now hurry up and post a baby bump picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so true Kristi. I wouldn't do anything different so why stress about it. I already did it but next time I dont think I will. I don't need that stress and I can just enjoy my pregnancy to the max. Mish is coming over sometimes this week to take baby bump pics. I do have a lil belly already so you'll see one soon!

    ReplyDelete